Open Source refers to the code (source) of a program being available for free distribution and alteration by anyone. It is an alternative to what is known as proprietary code, where a person or company has the sole right to distribute or change the code as they see fit. Open source applications are a better way to implement solutions within short span of time, however open source solutions might not be well suited to each and every business needs. Open source customization helps creating/designing templates, adding custom modules or changing the core functionality in the product.
We help by identifying, customizing and implementing the right open source product/tool for the requirement, considering the number of options that are available in the world of open source.
Open Source Software Features:
- Cost savings typically range from 40% to 50% depending on the complexity of customization
- Development time reduced by over 40%
- Complete flexibility for meeting specific needs Enhanced portability
- Availability of quick fixes and feature enhancements
- Availability of large pool of source codes from the Internet