A learning management system (LMS) is a software application for the administration, documentation, tracking, and reporting of training programs, classroom and online events, e-learning programs, and training content. LMSs range from systems for managing training and educational records, to software for distributing courses over the Internet with features for online collaboration.
Corporate training use LMSs to automate record-keeping and employee registration. Student self-service (e.g., self-registration on instructor-led training), training workflow (e.g., user notification, manager approval, wait-list management), the provision of on-line learning (e.g., Computer-Based Training, read & understand), on-line assessment, management of continuous professional education (CPE), collaborative learning (e.g., application sharing, discussion threads), and training resource management (e.g., instructors, facilities, equipment), are dimensions to Learning Management System.Some LMSs are Web-based to facilitate access to learning content and administration. LMSs are used by regulated industries (e.g. financial services and biopharma) for compliance training. It is also used by educational institutions to enhance and support classroom teaching and offering courses to a larger population of learners across the globe.
- 100% browser based for the learner and the administrator – no plug-ins required!
- Three types of user registration: open, approval required or closed
- LMS keeps track of bookmarks, scores and results of individual questions
- Publish SCORM courses
- Multilevel course catalog
- Online reports
- Full support for SCORM 1.2 (RTE-3) and SCORM 2004
- Place learners in groups
- Low-cost LMS Hosting Service available
- WordPress Plugin Development
- Customizable – LMS source code provided